Forums » Suggestions

Related: speaking of free MMOs

• December 4, 2018 10:33 PM EST

It had been the only game of its own scale and size I had access to - all it required was a dial-up internet connection and a browser buy RuneScape gold window. As an added bonus, that meant I could play it both in your home and in school. Ten years on, despite cataclysmic changes and enhancements, its distinctive brand of total access is still going strong in a world where free MMOs are trivial, and also you don't have to wait for your parents to get off the phone to log in.

Related: speaking of free MMOs, here are some to check out if your Steam wallet is empty. I recently attempted to log in to a very old email accounts, which I could only do by hunting down an even older login for Runescape. A username may bring back a great deal of memories as it occurs, especially one such as g0ds1ayer94. This saga got me thinking: what is ol' Runie like these days? Fuelled by nostalgia, I created a new account and started exploring the fantasy world of Gielinor once more.

In the ten years I have been away, Runescape has gone from a fantasy-themed chatroom to a fully fledged MMO, complete with its very own yearly festival, a card game spin off and sufficient material to produce 12-year-old me weak in the knees. If you can think it, you need to really download the latest version of the game.

It's a game that's maintained many of its players via continuous updates and unrivalled audience interaction; log off for a month and you may have missed something that the community will likely be referencing for the next few years.

And those are only the biggest changes: Runescape has also obtained around 650 other feature updates in that moment, and of course runescape mobile gold innumerable patches and fixes which have been deployed. The fact that Jagex removed the Wilderness for 3 years still feels like an insult to some past self - even though I was not playing at that time.